Home Forums Introductions My story

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    sunny
    Participant

(When I reviewed this case I specifically did so to make sure that it was not a GIST and I am very confident that this is a true leiomyosarcoma based on both the morphology and also the immunohistochemical profile.

The tumour demonstrated negative staining for cKIT and DOG1 and positive staining for desmin which excludes the possibility of GIST and given the morphology confirms the diagnosis of leiomyosarcoma.)
    Above is the part of email from my pathologist.
    I have no idea what they gonna give me.I will keep you posted once I find out.

Surinder

sunny
    Participant

I am in Melbourne’s Peter Mac cancer Centre,seeing experienced sarcoma oncologist soon.

Surinder

sunny
    Participant

Horrible experience with chemotherapy.

Surinder

PanP
    Keymaster

Is it the doxorubicin?

PanP
    Keymaster

Is it the doxorubicin?

SKH
    Participant

Thinking of you Surinder. I’ll keep looking out for messages if you want to leave more.
    Sally

sunny
    Participant

doxorubicin and Isophosphamide plus all other medication to protect bladder,nausea and so on.Also have to start isonised and pyroxin as preventative measure to stop tuberculosis comeback.

Surinder

SKH
    Participant

Tough mixture Surinder. Have you any family around?
    Sally

sunny
    Participant

It’s feeling bit better now after few days,but have to do it all over again and who knows how many times but hoping it will work.Yes I am with my family all these days,have beautiful wife and two young daughters.

Surinder

SKH
    Participant

I’m sure they can give you strength
    Sally

sunny
    Participant

Paul I wish you all the very best for your new treatment.

Surinder

sunny
    Participant

somehow handled 2nd round of chemotherapy,not looking forward for third one.

Surinder

PanP
    Keymaster

Hang on in there, Surinder. When do you have your next set of scans?

Pan

sunny
    Participant

My oncologist saying to have scan after 3 cycles but I will insist on having it now.If scan shows some shrinkage or any response at all then I think it worth to put up with another cycle . Any suggestions please.

Surinder

PanP
    Keymaster

Surinder, scanning after 3 cycles is standard for the treatment you’re on. It may well be that it your oncologist will be better able to interpret the scan result because he/she knows what to expect after three cycles. This may well be important in terms of classifying the response as complete/partial/stable/progressive and in terms of disease staging. If the norm is to stage after 3 cycles then doing it sooner might be something your oncologist is unhappy doing.

Personally, I think that if your tumour is responding to treatment then that response will be there after two cycles. I suspect though that your oncologist will resist scanning early…

Pan

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.