Home Forums Introductions Just Diagnosed!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    pattil
    Participant

Hello everyone, I guess I’ll tell you about myself first. I’m 48 yrs old. I live in the USA, married to an Englishman. Lived in Uk for a few years. I was just diagnosed with Li-Fraumeni Snydrome, thru genetic testing. My mother passed away from breast cancer when she was 49, my older sister passed away at 3 yrs old from leukemia. My doctor recommended I take the test. I wasn’t expecting this result. As you can imagine I’m in shock! I’m not sure what to do? I have 3 daughters, 23,17, and 15. So my main concern is for them. I’m meeting with my Doctor on Tuesday. I guess I’ll see what she suggests. Thinking about having my ovaries removed. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks! Patti

PanP
    Keymaster

Hi Patti. First off let me say a big welcome. You are not alone – though it can feel that way sometimes. There’s a lot of information to take in at the beginning – so take things slowly. We’ve got a lot of info on the site which should be useful – and if there’s anything unclear or missing then please go ahead and ask.

You obviously also need to get your children tested as soon as possible. By the way, I think you’ve got a really sharp doctor for recommending you get tested.

SKH
    Participant

Hi Patti and welcome! I know it’s a scary time but it sounds like your doctor will help you with your next steps.
    SKH

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.